Tuesday, March 06, 2007




The monthly meeting of the NCRRS will be held Wednesday, March 7, from 7 to 9 PM at the SFGG clubhouse on Treasure Island.

The Referee Development Committee will meet from 6 to 7, during which time food will be provided for early arrivals.

“Control” will be the topic. Some of our assessors will discuss how they expect referees at different levels to assert themselves in a match.


An anonymous donor has funded a scholarship for NCRRS members who are students. This is hoped to encourage participation by those who find the hours and the dollars dear. It will offset the expenses of refereeing and provide match fees for those who are enrolled for six units or more in high school, college or graduate school. There is no age limit.

Here are the particulars:

- Applicants for funds will self-report student status (institution and # of units), USA Rugby CIPP membership, NCRRS membership, number of "local" high school matches (teams and date), and number of Referee Society-appointed matches (teams and date)
- Qualifying expenses include CIPP and NCRRS membership fees
- Match fees: $20 per "local" match; $30 for Referee Society appointed match

Paperwork should be kept and submitted to our Treasurer, Jim Crenshaw. Jim would appreciate submissions no more than once a month; once a season would be easier.


Many of our readers will be aware of the referee shortage in Southern California, which was recently publicized by the rugby press.

Many NorCal players and coaches will also be aware of a referee shortage here in Northern California, when they have had games without a society referee being available.

It is, alas, common in most referee societies that we are aware of not to be able to cover every game on the busy weekends.

(In fact, it is inevitable. Our busiest weekend has a more than a hundred games. If we had a hundred referees, we’d be all set. But the rest of the season many of these referees would not have a match – and they wouldn’t be referees for long. Most societies ‘settle out’ by a normal process of the choices of multiple individuals to have about 80% as many referees as they need at peak times.)

There is one solution that will allow there to always be a qualified referee at every game: EVERY TEAM SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE TRAINED AND CERTIFIED REFEREE ON ITS STAFF.

The NCRFU and the NCRRS have been urging teams to do this for years. It is the only sure remedy.

It is easy to do: inform Jake Rubin, the NCRRS Recruitment Officer, the name, e-mail address and city of residence of the candidate from your team who is willing to learn to referee. As soon as we have a critical mass of students in any particular area, we will offer a Level One refereeing course.

If the candidate attends the course and passes the test, you now have a certified referee to call on in a pinch.

If this person is a coach and already has CIPP, all else that needs to be done is to join the NCRRS, which costs $10 a year.

The new president of USA Rugby foresees the day when there are a million players in this country. That would be about a ten-fold increase.

It is always the case that the refereeing population does not expand as fast as the playing population, because the referee universe is populated almost exclusively by former players. A certain small percentage of players in any sport are either inclined by nature to become officials or catch the bug while competing. They generally exhaust their playing potential before taking up the whistle. As the number of teams expands, there is a years-long lag before more people seek to become officials.

Thus, if USA Rugby really does experience continued and accelerated growth, it will become even more important for EVERY team, club, college and youth, to have a trained and certified referee to call on.

And – just a reminder: NorCal referees are all volunteers. They are not paid and they do not receive expenses. We have the means neither to ‘create’ new referees nor to ‘make’ the ones we have referee on a particular Saturday. They may have to work; or tend the home fires; or they may be injured or ill.


There will be a Society dinner at the Pyramid Alehouse in Berkeley on Saturday, March 17. Make plans now to attend and let David Williamson know how many will be in your party:


Drinks and appetizers will begin at 6:30, buffet dinner at 7:30; Society members pay $25 each, with the Society covering the balance.

Our guests will be:

Victoria: Colin Dyer and Dave Valentine
Eastern Rockies: Larry Johnson
Virginia: Simon Smith


Saturday, February 24:

SACRAMENTO 44 – Fresno 7 Referee: Joe Androvich

Seconds: SACRAMENTO 57 – Fresno 0 Referee: Colin Wallace
A fresh side for Sacramento came on and played a Fresno B side that was made up half fresh players and half recycled from the first side. It was a clean and well-played game, but Sacramento with the fresh legs were too much for Fresno to handle.


Olympic Club 8 (1) SF/GOLDEN GATE 27 (4) Referee: Scott Wood
Assessor: Bryan Porter
Location: Hayward Pepsi Fields
Weather: Slight haze
Kickoff time: 3:30 pm PST

Due to threatening rain in Tibet, the match was moved to Hayward's home pitch. For me, this was a fun, exciting match. It is refreshing to have two well-coached, highly disciplined teams that enjoy the spirit of the game. Olympic Club entered the match 5-1 against a 3-3 SFGG. Their previous encounter found Olympic Club the victor. This turned out to be a tale of two games. Five minutes into the match, SFGG scored its first of three first-half tries. Olympic Club had a number of first half opportunities, including a valiant effort from five meters out, but entered the half down 3-20. Both sides were able to each score only one try each in the second half despite putting together numerous multi-phased attacks.

Seconds: OLYMPIC CLUB 17 (2) – SF/Golden Gate 15 (3) Referee: Giles Wilson
Another good game with SFGG throwing themselves vigorously at the big O Club forwards. Good rugby skills displayed by both teams, plenty of hard tackles and strong running with the ball.

O Club went into the halftime break with a 10 – 5 lead, courtesy of a converted try and a penalty versus a try. SFGG proved dynamic in the second half scoring two more tries countered by a single converted try to hold on to a 2 point lead for O Club. The last couple of minutes saw SFGG attack hard but come away with nothing until O Club were penalized about 25m with only time for a kick. The last kick of the game went just wide of the left post – a ball width to the right would have won the game.

DIABLO GAELS U-23, 107 (16) – San Jose State 5 Referee: Phil Ulibarri
TJ: G. Walsh/D. Pattalock
Report by D. Pattalock

This match was a late addition to the under card and Phil Ulibarri agreed to take up the whistle. Phil had refereed a handful of friendlies and masters matches in Reno; this would be his first match whistled for the society.

Diablo had all the possession and with aggressive running and support, quickly turned a poor tackling performance by SJSU into a track meet. Phil got his wind sprints in for the year! All in all, Phil did a solid job and we will certainly be looking forward to his taking up the whistle officially in the near future.

Diablo Gaels 10 (1) – SACRAMENTO LIONS 33 (5) Lions Referee: Don Pattalock
TJ: G. Walsh/P. Ulibarri
Referee Coach: D. Williamson

In a match that started out slowly with both sides probing each other to identify weakness, after about 20 minutes, the teams ramped up the intensity and match was on.

Both sides attacked from the base of the rucks as well as through the centers. Lions had the better possession and managed to break the Gaels’ defensive pattern with hard running through the centers.

In the second half, the match slowed again as the Lions fitness became suspect. 2 yellow cards issued to Lions for repeat infringements (failing to retire 10m at penalties). Diablo pressed hard and elevated the pace of the match to exploit the Lions’ fitness and were rewarded with a well worked multiphase try from an attacking lineout.

Bottom line, Lions had more weapons and solid support to the ball carrier.

Seconds: DIABLO GAELS 7 – Sacramento Lions 5 Referee: John Coppinger
This was the score when the game was abandoned in the first half. There will be disciplinary action; we do not know whether the result will stand.

Seahawks 22 – HAYWARD 52 Referee: Rich Anderson
Evaluator: Mike Malone
Videographer: Bruce Carter
Hayward came out strong and quick as is their wont on a beautiful Saturday at Watson Bowl. The tall grass did not slow them down as they raced to a 28-0 lead. It looked like it was going to be a long afternoon for the Hawks until a surprise drop kick from #10 Danny Latu put them on the board. They proceeded to score the next 17 points to tighten up the match. Hayward settled their play at half with a few break away tries to close out the Seahawks, 52-22.

Seconds: SEAHAWKS 43 – Hayward 40 Referee: Bruce Carter
Hayward kicked off and scored under the posts when the Seahawks let the ball bounce. It looked like perhaps another second-side rout would be on.

But this was fated to be a very competitive game. By the end of the first half the Seahawks had come back through two tries by a baby-faced winger who supposedly just came to practice last week.

Some players recycled from the first sides, and some ‘new’ faces appeared from the past: Olo Fifita, whose face lights up as he runs into contact.

Santa Rosa 13 (2) – SACRAMENTO 34 (4) Referee: Joe Leisek
Touch Judges: John Tomasin, Cary Bertolone
For Pete's Sake Field, Santa Rosa

A beautiful, 70-degree day in Santa Rosa. Brilliantly sunny conditions and a large crowd on hand to watch the first and second place teams in Division II, followed by Santa Rosa Junior College hosting Santa Clara. Sacramento has speed, size, and depth. They brought it all on Saturday, showing why they are, at this point, undefeated. The visitors combined powerful running, ball retention, and scrummaging to defeat an excellent Santa Rosa side.

Sacramento took a 17-5 lead into the half, but Santa Rosa's best moments came soon after the re-start, when they scored a try and seemed to be gaining some momentum. However, a couple of critical breaks went against them, including a clearing kick that was actually caught by a charging defender and an intercept-breakaway try.

A very physical match with lots of bruising hits, passing, and open-field running.

Seconds: Santa Rosa – Sacramento Referee: Cary Bertolone
No report received.

BARACUS 62 – Arroyo Grande 7 Referee: Lois Bukowski

Baracus seconds 28 (4) – MARIN 31 (5) Referee: Mike King
This social side match was an example of why 2 halves are played. Marin rolled out to a 26-0 lead at half, then staved off a marvelous come-back by BA 2ds, with all participants seemingly content with the outcome. Marin was graciously filling-in for Arroyo Grande 2s and BA just as graciously provided a few players to Marin to allow full 15s for the entire match.

The referee was extremely fortunate to have Lois Bukowski remain after her first side match to provide valuable coaching pointers. Thank you, Lois.

It was no surprise to this referee that the ageless Mike Comstock was propping for Marin; I played with him 34 years ago at Contra Costa.

Mendocino 5 – HUMBOLDT 57 Referee: David Buckey
Mendo’s first try!

VACAVILLE 72 (12) – Shasta 0 Referee: Sam Reagle
Conditions: Perfect

Shasta (formerly Redding) brought exactly 15 players, 1 player/coach and 1 coach. Both teams mentioned to me that some of their starters were missing. The result was predictable between these two D3 teams in that fun and fraternity was had by all and a lot of tries were scored. What wasn't as predictable was the domination on the day by Vacaville. Vacaville scored early and often running up 32 first half points. Shasta played hard, but a missed tackle here and there caused overlaps that were frequently capitalized on by Vacaville. An interesting note was that all 6 tries in the first half were scored by different Vacaville players.

In the second half, Vacaville scored another 40 points. Shasta's best scoring drive was forced into touch 5 meters out, but they never gave up. Late in the game, they choose to tap & go from about 15 meters out rather than take the sure penalty kick. I respect their love of the game.

East Palo Alto 15 (3) – RENO 22 (3) Referee: Mike Gadoua
On a football field, the more experienced Zephyrs squeaked a win from their athletic younger hosts. The match was a lot closer than 22/15 score suggests. Both teams played serious Rugby with the first half ending 7 to 5 for Reno. The second half took off with both sides scoring two tries each; however, Reno’s kicker hit 50% of his conversions, making the last minute penalty kick moot. Injuries were affecting the older Reno side by the second half - which had traveled to California with only 16 players - 5 of their starters were stranded with a broken-down van up in the Sierras. Had the game continued another minute, it may very well have had a different ending.

PETALUMA 14 (2) – Berkeley 10 (1) Referee: Rob Hendrickson
Petaluma's "new" pitch (in the outfield next to the old school which has now been razed) may have shorter grass, but it is plagued with the same bad drainage as the old pitch. Petaluma and Berkeley almost literally slugged it out in the mud (the ref should undoubtedly have imposed earlier and sterner measures, but hope sprang eternal), with both sides plagued with handling errors and sloppy play in the mud and standing water. Petaluma went out in front on a contested try coming off a penalty against Berkeley at the 5 meter line late in the second half, which slow motion video (taken from mid field) after the game indicated was a knock on (against Berkeley, so it would have been a 5 meter scrum) inches above the ground as the defender punched it out, but alas, we don't have TMO's.

MISSION 48 (8) – Fog 3 Referee: Chris Fisher
Eight tries and four conversions to one penalty. One thing that impressed me about the Fog was their never-give-up attitude. They played hard and fair all throughout the game. Every year they seem to be get better.

Chico State 34 (5) – ST. MARY’S 41 (6) Referee: Jim Crenshaw
The St Mary's Gaels traveled to Chico to play the Chico State Wildcats Saturday in a high scoring back and forth match.

The Gaels started the scoring with an unconverted try in the corner about 6 minutes in. The Wildcats came back at the 18th minute to score a converted try to take the lead. St Mary’s scored an unconverted try about half way through the half, a converted try 6 minutes later and a penalty kick in the 30th minute to take a 20 to 7 lead. The Gaels seemed to coast a little, but Chico wasn't, scoring to unconverted tries to make it 20 to 17 Gaels at halftime.

The Gaels kicked off to start the second half, with both teams testing each other. The Wildcats scored first with a converted try about 10 minutes into the second half to take a 4 point lead. The Gaels scored a converted try about 5 minutes later to go up by 3. The cats scored a penalty kick to tie it up about half way through the half. 5 minute later the Cats score a converted try to take a 7 point lead. The Gaels came back with a converted try to tie it again at about the 32 minute mark. Both teams were looking for a break through, but the Gaels prevailed with a converted try with a couple of minutes left. The Gaels held on as the Cats put on a very determined effort, but a knock on with very little time left let the Gaels claim the road victory.

Seconds: CHICO STATE 27 – St. Mary's 5 Referee: Paul Smith
Referee Coach: Kat Todd-Schwartz

It was a very spirited match. Chico came out with a lot of emotion after narrowly losing the A side match done by Jim Crenshaw. Chico controlled the game as the score would indicate. This was by far the fastest paced game I have done so far this year.

Much thanks to Kat who drove up to do an evaluation. I really appreciate the feedback I have been geting from the society to help me improve my game. Glad I am finally at least looking like a referee, per Kat :-).

Now the bad news. I was not able to complete the match. I seriously tweaked or worse my Achilles tendon. Much thanks to Jim Crenshaw who came on at about 8 minutes into the second half to bail me out. I was really hobbling around, Jim you saved the day!

CALIFORNIA 76 – Sacramento State 12 Referee: Joe Androvich

California 30 – OMBAC 36 Referee: Paul Bretz
Touch Judges: Joe Androvich, Eric Rauscher
Referee Coach: Al Klemp

Dan Payne, the 2006 OMBAC captain and current coach of SDSU said it best: How can he as coach get his team ready to play a team like Cal?

Simple, they could have a practice game against OMBAC. There are too many similarities between the two programs.

Both teams, I'm sure, will be better off in the playoffs having played each other. More programs, both college and club, need to look outside their respective environments to get better. Congratulations to both teams.

NEVADA 22 (4) – Stanford 10 (2) Referee: Tony Latu
Stanford scored first on a beautiful maul inside the 22m. Ten meter to the try line, ball carrier detached from the maul and walked in untouched for the try. Unfortunately that was the high light of the day for the Cardinals. Nevada came back after the second half and scored 22 points.

Seconds: Nevada 7 – Stanford 93 (15) Referee: Dylan Gill
The Stanford B team came out with something to prove. With very good ball handling skills and quick phase play this game was a runaway. Stanford 15 tries and 9 conversions. Nevada 1 try and 1 conversion.

STANFORD women 48 (8) – UC Davis 0 Referee: John Pohlman
Stanford woman hosted UC Davis this past Saturday. The campus was a-buzz with track and field, basketball and defending national championship rugby.

This was an odd game. Stanford's under-19 stand-off was off with a broken jaw from last week’s lost to Chico.

UC Davis had 70 percent possession and 80 percent territory in the first half. But strong Stanford defense led to turnovers which led to 70 meter tries.

First half Stanford 22 UC Davis 0.

#13 Carey Myslewski scored three tries in the game to lead Stanford's back line.

In all Stanford's speedy and efficient backs scored eight tries.

Seconds: Stanford women 14 (2) – UC DAVIS 22 (4) Referee: Sandy Robertson
The Davis side contained some reasonably experienced players. This coupled with good support play and some dominance at set pieces made the difference. Davis was able to maintain possession for long periods, over multiple phases, putting substantial pressure on the Stanford team. With 3 tries and a conversion in the first half, they went into the break up 17-0. Davis continued to dominate possession in the second half but Stanford made the most of their chances, scoring 2 converted tries, including one at game's end.

SACRAMENTO ST. women 36 (6) – San Jose State 20 (4) Referee: Mike Villierme

HUMBOLDT STATE 36 (5) – Cal Maritime Academy 5 Referee: Bruce Bernstein

UC Santa Cruz 19 – SF/GOLDEN GATE U-23, 22 Referee: Larry Freitas
San Francisco Golden Gate Under 23s defeated UCSC by a score of 22 to 19 at the Cal Santa Cruz campus, played on a bright and warm sunny day, a huge contrast to the snow-topped mountains and cold rain of three days prior.

San Francisco arrived with just fifteen players, and that's all they needed, as the Santa Cruz side was absent their two starting locks due to injury, a prop due to suspension, and a centre who was taking a non-league match rest but who finally came in as a late second half sub. With these key forwards out, Santa Cruz had trouble winning any of their own feeds, losing against the head time and time again. SFGG threatened to score multiple times early in the game, but could only muster one first half try at eight minutes. Handling errors and good tackling, especially by Slug #8 Daniel Jarvis, kept SFGG from scoring any more points. A Slug try resulted from an intercepted pass at the halfway line, and with another score by the university, they had the surprise lead of 12-5 after forty minutes. Despite their problems in the set scrum, the Slugs won just about all their own line outs, and took a few off SFGG.

In the second half SFGG scored first, and responded to another UCSC try with two more of their own, as their forwards took command of set and phase play. UCSC lost ball many times in loose play, and SFGG did well to counter with long runs from some of their backs, notably wings Chris Saldivia and Charlie Shanahan. The set scrum problems persisted for UCSC, even with some substitutions and reassignments. UCSC never quit, but could not conjure up any more scores of their own. With Cal Maritime coming up on their schedule, they should have their missing starters back in the line up.

Another shortened match took place afterwards, with Aptos Beach Dogs scoring a lot of tries to a few by the UCSC B side, made up of mostly freshmen and a few players who took part in both matches.

SANTA ROSA JC 26 – Santa Clara 10 Referee: Ray Schwartz
Touch Judges: John Tomasin, Scott Paulson

Two eager and strong DII sides were chomping at the bit, awaiting the end of the Sac v Santa Rosa B Side match when I arrived. A beautiful day, on a soft and somewhat slippery pitch, as a good crowd stayed to enjoy this run. Santa Clara came out strong, scoring the first try, but had no strong finishers in the backs and eventually found themselves overmatched in the forwards. The JC scored two converted tries to bring the first half to a 14-5 conclusion. Hard hitting, great intensity, high spirit! And a limping ref, as I felt a tendon pop under my foot early on...

Lead by hooker and Captain Josh Imong, the JC would eventually turn over several scrums, giving scrum half David Tomasin and #8 Manny Lopez plenty of Go Forward ball. Each scored a neat try, and I would give the nod for Man of the Match to Lopez, whose lean and strong body helped him lead the fight all across the pitch.

The JC would score tries twice again in the 2nd half (converting the first with an incredible kick from the touchline), but they were also collectively showing fatigue, somewhat comically asking, "How much time left, Ref?" every few minutes from the 10th minute in! As the JC's discipline broke down, Santa Clara finally scored once again, pushing thru in the forwards, but it was at full time.

Chico State women – Santa Clara
No report received.


Thursday, March 1:

Peninsula Green 15 – EAST PALO ALTO 24 Referee: Joe Saccomanno
On a crisp Thursday night, the cross town rivalry game was played. East Palo Alto played their usual Islander style while Peninsula played a more patterned game. At the half the score was 12 to 5 in favor of EPA.

Friday, March 2:

SONOMA 23 (3) – TNT 15 (3) Referee: Mike King
A spirited affair throughout with the sides both contesting every loose play and tackling with fury. A see-saw battle with the lead changing regularly after Sonoma drew first blood on a penalty kick. By half, TNT had taken the lead 10-8. Sonoma took charge early in the 2d frame, only to barely stave off a late TNT rally. Well played encounter ended with Sonoma on top.

BERKELEY RHINO YOUTH 28 (4) – Alameda 19 (3) Referee: Rob Hendrickson
Referee: Coach Bryant Byrnes

Dave Williamson's Berkeley Rhinos hosted Alameda to a Friday night game under the lights at Gabe Field in Berkeley. Alameda led by a converted try after a sloppy first half, but Berkeley came roaring back with 4 converted tries in the second half, with Alameda then closing in with 2 more tries before full time.

LANCERS (Rancho Cordova) 0 – Mother Lode 5 Referee: Mike Villierme
Referee: Coach: Matt Eason

Saturday, March 3:


Coaching a HS game at 9.30am, then refereeing DLS and Antioch in time to travel to Hayward for their game with Elsie Allen before passing time watching the O Club vs SFGG D1 game before refereeing the 2nd teams.

Antioch were suffering some injuries and illness because they didn’t look like the team that played Tri-Valley last week. DLS overwhelmed from early with good linkage between forwards and backs as well as good athletic running from all over the field. DLS also kicked pragmatically, even when well in the lead, keeping the game at the Antioch end of the field.

Five first half tries with 2 conversions were joined by six more in the second half including 3 conversions for a 65 – 0 final score.

Hayward and Elsie Allen was played with BBQ chicken smell floating across the field – several props had their taste buds stimulated during the game.

Hayward were generally big and athletic, joined by an experienced back who learned the game in Auckland and a decent flyhalf while Elsie Allen had better fitness and generally more experienced rugby skills joined by a couple of big forwards.

In a which featured a number of big hits and hard runs as well as turnovers and some of the unpredictability of HS rugby; Hayward’s ability to win ball surprised Elsie Allen and they scored 2 tries to Elsie Allen’s one in the first half – no conversions.

In the second half Hayward scored the only kick of the game with a penalty to go along with a try while Elsie Allen picked up a couple of tries but still trailed 18 -15. EA were applying a lot of pressure while Hayward were taking as much time as they could, but with 21/2 mins to go EA scored the go ahead try. Shrewdly using as much of the clock as possible, Hayward came much quicker for the kick off and chased with renewed vigor.

With time expired, the Elsie Allen wing decided to jump around the ball carriers neck, allowing Hayward a last opportunity to run the ball with about 25m to go. Sure enough they went quickly and managed to get the game winning try.

Great game, well played both teams.

Taking a break to have a piece of chicken (thanks Loma) and lots of water, as well as passing the time with old friends I waited for the O Club vs SFGG 2nds game.

TRI-VALLEY VIKINGS 52 – Oakland Military Inst. 0 Referee: Sam Reagle
Conditions: Perfect

I got a call from Giles asking if I could swing thru Antioch to do a HS game on my way to Vacaville. I jumped at the chance. One of the things these two teams have in common is good coaching. Both teams were working on improving their game and both were very respectful to each other and to the referee. That, to me, is good coaching.

The Vikings had a great first half scoring 38 unanswered points. It appeared OMI is rebuilding as they have several very young looking players. OMI played hard, but didn't play cohesively. The Vikes on the other hand, looked well-organized in their attacks and on defense.

OMI played much better in the second half holding their opponents to only 2 converted tries.

Good luck to both programs!

DAVIS girls 0 – ALAMEDA 27 (5) Referee: Jackie Finck
Peer Reviewer: Scott Wood
Venue: Pioneer Park, Davis
Weather: 77F, 20% cloud cover w/ lots of haze, wind=0

Pitch was well groomed and soft, mostly lined, roped, flagged...goal posts halfway padded.

A good spirited game played by both teams. First half, scrums went to uncontested due to inexperience and collapsing of Davis. By second half, scrums went back to contested, which resulted in successful and safe scrums. Overall, it was Alameda who dominated the game with their strength and good backline play.

PENINSULA GREEN 69 – Los Altos 0 Referee: John Pohlman
My first game Saturday pitted a very experienced Peninsula Green team versus a young Los Altos team at Woodside High School.

PG is led by Under-19 scrumhalf Travis Benson and Captain Fullback Zack Test. Both players scored at least two tries each. Los Altos fought as best they could.
Final Peninsula Green 69 Los Altos 0.

Frosh/soph: JESUIT 28 – Elsie Allen 0
Referee Coach: Dr. David Miller

DE LA SALLE 32 (6) – Antioch 0 Referee: Edward Barfels

DLS scored three trys in the first half with one conversion. They scored three more in the second half with no conversions.

LAMORINDA 41 – Piedmont 12 Referee: Eric Rauscher
I refereed the Lamorinda/Piedmont high school game this morning, and the final score was Lamorinda 41, Piedmont 12.

PS. I then ran touch for the Cal/OMBAC game. What an honor, what a game.


The editorial offices of Hail, Pelicus! moved to a new location Saturday. A new Internet connection was not established until late Tuesday. We have a couple of hundred e-mail to catch up on and several score of boxes to unpack and haven’t found the time to locate the doo-hickey which connects the camera to the computer to download any photos…


For the Senate
Pelicus Scriptoris